Tuesday 1 April 2008

Baggage...

I feel really sorry for anyone travelling out of Terminal 5 anytime soon. I saw a feature about it once and it was deemed to be the airport terminal of the future. Now it's been branded a disaster!

Baggage in heaps, where no-one can find it. People sleeping on the floors for nights on end because their flights keep getting cancelled. Angry passengers waiting for hours at a time in check-in queues... It's a disaster! But then again, when they said that the baggage system was going to be replaced by a new computerised machine, you just had to think that it was going to go horribly wrong. The thing is, Heathrow isn't a particularly amazing airport anyway. Why anyone would want to actually fly out of there (they have a really bad record for mishaps) is beyond me.

Well, technically there is no end to the compensation and accomodation fees that BA can give out to people who have to spend the night. Funny then how a lot of them are still spending the night on a cold hard tiled floor...

4 comments:

Tina said...

i love flying but i just hate airports. getting there two hours before is soooo boring! plus we waited half an hour once where the luggage belt was going round and no suitcases coming out! whats that all about!

Tina x

Sara said...

Love your blog. Here's mine!

blogofarealgirl.blogspot.com

-Sara

Sugarbelly said...

Ugh, I've only flown 3 times In my life, and the 1st time ever, I just kept getting screwed left and right.
Both flights(I had a connecting) were delayed by 2 hours, I had to give up my seat because the person next to me couldn't fit In just 1, and they "misplaced" my lugage.(They just put It on a different flights moving thingie but It still took hours to find)
So I say "Down with Airports!" Cars and boats for me from now on hehe. Take Care :)

coolgirlsar said...

It's just cursed the new terminal. I just can't understand how they can get something so drastically wrong. Plus it hasn't helped any with having snow this weekend and yet more flights being cancelled. Not sure which airport it was (think it was Gatwick but they said on the news they ran out of de-icer!!!! How?!!?