Monday 31 March 2008

What Tribe Are You?

Watching this week's Culture Show was really fun, mostly because I saw a report about Ari Versluis and Ellie Uyttenbroek on their mission to put everyone into fashion tribes. It was great to see them categorise people that they found on the street (they picked people they thought fitted nicely into a group and then asked them back to the studio later on so that they could snap them for the main photo).

I love fashion, so it got me wondering what fashion tribe I might be in. I'm a little bit weird really - bright colours don't frighten me and I don't mind standing out from the crowd. The crew filmed girls who wore skinny jeans with a t-shirt, desert scarf and with their hair pinned back (a common sight here) and "city girls" (i.e. women who wear suits and sky-high heels so obviously I wouldn't fit in there. I wish they'd seen me on the streets of London (even though I never go there) and asked me to come back to their studio! That would've been great. Other tribes featured included "nostalgics" (older people who still dress the same way as they did when they were in their 20s) and "America's next top models" (they are very fashion conscious and like to be on trend, also being very assured of their own beauty).

It was absolutely fascinating and I loved watching how they selected their models. I pose this question: what tribe do you think you belong to?

1 comment:

kelseroo said...

That is so interesting.... I have no idea what fashion tribe I'd be in... I don't feel like I follow any specific trends, but I might without knowing.